Vegetarian For Life
Vegetarian for Life (VfL), a UK based charity, had an existing site with a lot of data—listings of care homes and other services as well as recipes, news items and more. The site was old-fashioned looking and difficult to navigate. We rebuilt their site from the ground up, refreshing their logo, color scheme and the overall feel of the site. ExpressionEngine was chosen for the content management system as it deals well with data-heavy sites, where information needs to be displayed in multiple, and often complex, ways.
Our main focus was creating a site that was easy to use for elderly vegetarian and vegans living in the UK, their families and those professionally caring for them. In the preliminary stages we filtered through the existing content and restructured it to make it as user-friendly and simple—both for VfL and the user—as possible.
- Built in ExpressionEngine CMS (Content Management System)
- Listings database for care homes and services with Google Maps integration
- Easy for VfL to add new recipes, listings and other content to keep site up to date
- Responsive design (works well on all devices)
- Multi-author blog
- Mailchimp integration for newsletter campaigns
- Recipes restructured using search-engine-friendly markup to increase visibility in search results
- Simple Shopify-powered store section added